Friday, March 1, 2013

Monarch Butterfly Wing Nails

Hello everyone :) I finally got to doing a manicure that I've been wanting to try for ages and I finally got to it! I found an awesome tutorial on youtube that shows you how to do it and it's fairly easy if you have a steady hand and you're in a quiet area.

I browsed Google Images and Pinterest for ideas on wing color ideas and I figured I should just go with orange for my first time and maybe do something more funky next time I do this manicure.

For the wing color, I used Bare If You Dare by China Glaze which is an awesome shimmery peachy color. I reviewed it here in the past if you want to check it out. I wanted to make it more interesting so I topped it off with Twisted by Fingerpaints which is my favorite multicolored flaky topcoat. For the black, I used the Kiss Nail Art striper in black obviously and the white is Alpine Snow by OPI and I used a dotting tool to apply the dots.

Now... onto the photos! :)
Here's another pic so you can see the flakes!
And of course I have to include a photo of the inspiration for this look!
I hope you liked it! It took me quite a while to finish the entire thing... maybe 2 hours at the most? If you have the patience and free time for this look, you should go for it! It looks very nice and eyecatching in person!

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I've always wanted to try this kind of mani! I love the flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! i did some blue ones once and i love them, yours turned out really great! you picked the perfect color

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :-) I appreciate anything you have to say about my posts! I'll do my best to get back to you and I always check out my commenters blogs as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...