Saturday, September 3, 2011

Nfu Oh 61 silver holo :)

Hello readers :) Soo a couple weeks ago I received my order of Nfu Oh 61 and Aqua Base which is something I've been after for months now! Before I post pictures of it, I want to tell you all about it :)

When I received the bottle and took it out in the sun, I was slightly terrified and a bit disappointed. There was seriously no holo effect through the bottle! It just looked like a plain old silver to me and I was worried that I received a dud!

I decided that it was probably fine and I was overreacting so I decided to use it. The order of coats I used were Aqua Base, Nfu Oh 61, Aqua Base, Nfu Oh 61, Nfu Oh 61, and Seche Vite topcoat. I've heard mixed reviews about using topcoat... some people say that it dulls the effect and others say that it does nothing to the effect. I decided to give it a shot and if it made it look worse, then i would just redo it.

Now.... application.... oh my! That's all I gotta say. I've heard horror stories about applying this polish. Let me start off with Aqua Base. That's a tricky one on it's own. It's not like other polished where you can apply the next coat when it's halfway dry. No. You have to wait for it to completely dry before applying another coat. If you don't, the brush drags the below layer and makes it very chunky. So that's just one issue I had. As for Nfu Oh 61 itself, I'm not sure if it was chunky or if it was the Aqua Base that was the problem. If you do a couple thin coats of Nfu Oh 61 then you will get nice coverage and it will hide the majority of the lumps.

Now I just have a bit more talking to do and then I can show you the pictures ;-) At this point, you probably already scrolled down and looked lol. Indoors, this color just looks like a simple but really nice metallic silver. Now getting in the sun is the fun part. When you hold out your hands in the sun, all you see is a beautiful spectrum of linear rainbow colors. I really don't need to say much else so here are the pics :-) This lasted me about a week with no chipping and some wear at the tips.

Closeup! Ignore the dried topcoat in the cracks :-)


Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Sunlight

Shade

Shade

Sunlight again :)

5 comments:

  1. I wore it this week and I absolutely loved it! It lasted 5 days with only minor chips...
    And I found application was super easy O_o I used the Aqua base (1 coat) and then 2 coats of Nfu Oh 61 and that's all...!! I didn't follow the sandwich protocole (with 61 then top coat, then 61 and then top coat...)...

    it looks really beautiful on you ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what happened with me is that I didn't let the Aqua base dry long enough lol. I'm glad it worked out for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, but application just seems not worth it. I have been thinking about getting this polish, but after reading your experience with the polish. I think I will pass. It looks so great on your nails though. I am glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous! I wish I had more holos (:

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :-) I appreciate anything you have to say about my posts! I'll do my best to get back to you and I always check out my commenters blogs as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...