Friday, March 22, 2013

Maybelline Vivids in Brazen Berry + Full Face!

Hey everyone! For some reason, I've been obsessing over purple lipstick lately and I have been looking left and right for the right color for me. I recently tried on MAC Violetta at the store and it was fun but wayyy too purple for my liking.

Thankfully Maybelline came out with their new Vivids line and I must say I am very impressed. I picked up Hot Plum which is a very bright blue-based hot pink and Brazen Berry which is a bright purple but has some pink in it so it looks more wearable and not in your face with purple.

Last night, I wore Brazen Berry for the first time and I really loved it. The color is very rich and pigmented and the texture was creamy and lasted the whole night. I only had to reapply once because I was eating and some of it was smudged but it wasn't obvious. I put it on top of Elf's Lip Lock pencil which is supposed to be a lip liner primer so that may have helped as well.

Now time for some pics! I'll show you a swatch of it on my lips and how it looks on me with a full face look.

Products I used:
Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller
Almay Smart-Shade Anti-Aging Concealer in 010
Bare Escentuals READY Foundation in Light
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Finishing Powder in Brighten
Physicians Formula  How-to-bronze Light Bronzer
e.l.f. Studio Baked Blush in Passion Pink
Physicians Formula Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio for Green Eyes (purple liner only)
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara in Extreme Black
Maybelline Vivids in Brazen Berry

If you have any questions about my routine or the products I used, please ask! I hope you like the look I put together with the lipstick! Would you wear this color? have you tried any other colors from the Vivids line?

4 comments:

  1. Love! I would never be able to pull off that color! You look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple lipsticks look so nice. Not easy to find but I personally love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me back on my blog: http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :-) I appreciate anything you have to say about my posts! I'll do my best to get back to you and I always check out my commenters blogs as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...