Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cheap eBay Find: Pro 88 Warm Eyeshadow Palette

Hello everyone! I recently had the urge to try something cheap from eBay and after browsing the web for some ideas, I decided to try the Pro 88 Warm Eyeshadow Palette. This appeared to be very similar to the Coastal Scents Warm 88 Palette but it was only $13 so I decided to give it a go.


The palette has a ton of neutral colors, as well as some pops of color which include some blue and pink tones. There are many different shades of brown, beige, taupe, and yellow/orange-based nudes. The entire palette measures around  9in. x 6.5 in. and the eyeshadow pots are a little bit larger than a dime. There seem to be a few duplicate colors though so this should last me a while.


As for pigmentation, some colors are definitely more pigmented than others. The texture of these eyeshadows are definitely on the more powdery side. I would best compare them to Wet & Wild eyeshadows which are not my favorite but I think I'll be able to make it work. They would definitely look better over a primer.

And as far as finish goes, there are many shimmer and matte finish eyeshadows for whatever look you are going for. You can create all kinds of daytime and nighttime looks with all the colors available. There are also plenty of highlight shades and darker shades for a more intense look.

Here are a few swatches of the eyeshadows. I used the sponge applicators they provided and swatched them on my forearm with no primer.


I haven't yet used this on my eyes yet but I'll definitely be posting about it and include one of the looks I come up with. So far, I think this may be worth the $13 I paid for it but I'll know better once I put it to use. Have you tried anything on eBay like this?

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting :-) I appreciate anything you have to say about my posts! I'll do my best to get back to you and I always check out my commenters blogs as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...